1. Three little words: wear less makeup!
2. Change up your lips instead of a full dark lipstick try a soft pink or rose gloss. Paler, shiny colors make lips look fuller
3. Use and enzyme mask fruit acids eat away that lifeless, dull layer on the surface of the skin, leaving you with a glowing, healthy, youthful complexion
4. Add highlights around your face highlights lift and brighten your skin and make you look younger
5. While you’re at it, get bangs. Soft, side swept bangs soften the face and hide fine lines and wrinkles
6. Get rid of age spots. These days there are tons of options, from IPL/Laser treatments to chemical peels to good old color correcting with makeup. (spot treat with a pinkish toned corrector, then powder well to set it). Whichever method you choose – they have to go!
7. Brighten and whiten that smile! Over the counter whitening strips are the fast track to lovely white teeth and an unbeatable smile!
8. Get rid of the black eyeliner. Hideously harsh and unforgiving, black eyeliner draws attention to everything you want hidden. Opt instead for a gentle deep brown or a soft navy. Navy will brighten the whites of your eyes, which tend to yellow with age.
9. Warm up your makeup colors. Soft bronzes, warm deep burgundies (instead of blue 1berries) golden hued earth tones are more flattering to skin tone, and will give you a softer, lovelier visage.
10. Add a little highlighter to the inner corner of your eye. It will lighten and brighten, making you look more awake, more vivacious.
11. Curl your lashes. The more you can open your eye, the more youthful and vibrant you will look.
12. Get plenty of sleep. You may function on five hours, but studies show that those who regularly get eight hours sleep age drastically less rapidly than those getting fewer. Dark circles and bags under your eyes do you no favors either.
13. Invest in a really good, nourishing and hydrating eye cream.The first signs of aging show up around our eyes. Keeping them nourished and hydrated helps keep the fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
14. Smile! Smile a lot! Optimists look better as they age. A smiling face looks younger than an apathetic or frowning one.
15. Go silicone! Avoid “oil free” foundations like the plague. Nothing is more aging than a lifeless oil free foundation. Instead choose one of the fabulous new silicone based bases. Silicone particles are spherical, and bounce light off themselves, making skin look radiant, fresh and glowing.
16. Get a regular foot massage. For most of us that’s the luxurious end to the twice monthly pedicure, but however you get it, embrace it! Soothe the sole and you’ll soothe your soul.
17. Wear a handcream with SPF every single day. Aged hands don’t match a youthful glowing face.
18. Wear a facial SPF every single day. Without fail.
19. Work your posture Shoulders back, chin up. A well carried body with a strong core looks so much younger!
20. Get your groove on. No kidding – studies show that women who are doing the wild thing at least three times per week look up to 10 years younger!!!