Today’s Daily Dish on SheKnows.com was all about what’s happening with hair and makeup on the runways at Fashion Week NYC.
We shot this one two days into Fashion Week, and here’s what we were seeing:
Three main trends emerging with hair were all fabulous and fun (and easy for you and me to duplicate!)
1. Hair was completely pulled back from the face. Richard Chai showed it pulled back then worn long, Christian Siriano showed it pulled back and up.
2. Hair had a very deconstructed look and feel. Instead of being pulled back severely, it was loose and soft. Flyaways were not only okay, they were cool (yay!)
3. Hair was soft, feminine and flirty. Its easier for us to look lovely when hairstyles are soft and casual! Soft, high buns, ponies and side braids made for stress free tresses.
1. With the hair pulled back it was all about having a perfect complexion. Fire up your Clarisonic, bust out the deep cleansing masks, and get your skin extra lovely for spring!
Toss any matte or heavy foundations, and replace them with products that let your beautiful skin shine through. Use a luminizer or highlighter along the top of your cheekbones, temples and bridge of your nose to make your skin look truly radiant!
2. Brows are soft and lovely, cheeks are well defined, but pretty in pinky-nude shades.
3. Eyes are smudgy and muted, lips are either barely there bare with muted pink undertones, or
popping with bright invigorating color.
|muted at Prabal Garung|
|lip popping at Cynthia Rowley|