One of the huge trends both for Fall 2010, and also showing up in Spring/Summer 2011is the high pigment, intense eye.
|Chanel Spring/Summer 2011|
This look can be completely arresting, and when worn correctly it can be quite spectacular, but there are a few tricks to getting this eye just right.
*Start by making sure your skin is well nourished and hydrated. The cooler weather can really strip the skin of its moisture, and this look is dependent upon a great complexion.
* Use a good eye cream, and pay extra attention to the area under the eye, next to the nose.
* Conceal well under the eye, paying attention to color correcting out the blue/gray. Use a concealer with a good pink undertone to cancel out unwanted dark rings.
* Pay extra attention to applying a good, luminous, full cover foundation. A high pigment eye needs to be paired with a flawless looking skin.
* Use a soft, barely there shade of blush. You need the dimension of a contoured cheek to break up the beige of the face, but only a whisper of pale color.
* Soften the brow. A full, power brow will dominate the face. Soften out the brow color and shape, so that the eye takes center stage.
* Finish out your eye with multiple coats of mascara. This look requires big lashes!
* Keep lip color to a minimum. Look at shades of nude, or barely there glosses. Don’t let your lips compete with your eyes.
|fabulous at Diane Von Furstenburg|