Have you ever had your makeup airbrushed? Do you like a flawless finish foundation that lasts all day? Airbrushing is one of my favorite ways to use foundation when I’m working on makeup jobs. It gives an even, flawless finish, its lightweight so foundation doesn’t look thick or caked on, and it is designed to stay on all day which means I have less touch up work as the day progresses.
This post contains affiliate links. See Disclosure page to learn about affiliate links.
Scroll to the bottom of this post for a TEMPTU 20% discount coupon code
I use airbrush foundation on all my brides and wedding parties because it keeps everyone looking gorgeous until the end of the night, no matter how hard they are dancing! Invariably when I am working on weddings or with celebrity clients and they see their beautiful airbrushed faces in the mirror they ask me if I airbrush myself.
The truth is for years no I didn’t, just because I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of unpacking my professional airbrush system, re-cleaning the airbrush gun and then packing it all away again. I had been meaning to get a Temptu Pod Airbrush System to use at home but didn’t get around to it.
Then last year one of my makeup heroes and social media makeup friends (she is a TV/film/commercials makeup artist based in San Diego and I do editorial/celebrity/commercials based out of Phoenix) did a Facebook live session talking about the Temptu Air. She uses hers on her TV clients as well as film, commercials, and on herself. It was so cool watching her airbrush herself and chat away about how she uses hers Temptu Air system in her work that I got online and ordered one for myself as soon as she was done!
Why I Love My Temptu Air
- It’s Easy. The TemptuAir is designed for you to use at home. Instead of having multiple parts like the regular professional systems do, this one is just one self-contained unit. It is super simple to use.
- The foundation is lovely. When I first tried mine I wasn’t sure if it was working properly – the foundation mist was so fine I couldn’t see it going on. I did half of my face and then saw that I was one side flawless and the other side just regular old me! The foundation is so highly pigmented that it only needs a tiny amount to give you flawless coverage while still looking really sheer.
- There is no cleanup. There is no airbrush gun with the Temptu system. A normal airbrush system has a gun that requires fanatic cleaning as soon as you have completed airbrushing. This is time consuming and if you don’t get it 100% perfect then your gun will clog up and jam. It’s actually quite a hassle.
The TemptuAir uses preloaded foundation pods instead of a gun, so you don’t have any cleaning. You can change out the foundation colors as your skin changes color throughout the year by using different color pods. Or if there is more than one person using it you can simply change out the foundation pod. It is just so incredibly functional and easy!
- It is really fast. I just timed myself applying my foundation with the Temptu Air system and it took me 45 seconds. Isn’t that crazy? 45 seconds to get a flawless finish foundation that looks like fresh skin. I’m loving it!
- It’s not thick. I really dislike heavy, caked on foundation. If you have been reading this blog for a while then you already know that I like healthy, glowing skin. Or at least the illusion of healthy skin. Thick foundation is in my opinion ugly. It hides the girl underneath. The pod foundations mist on so fine that you almost think there is no foundation on. It’s beautiful.
- You don’t need powder. Most foundations require powder to set them and make them stay on. With this foundation most of the time I can get away with no powder because the foundation sets by itself. If, or when you do need to powder it to set it you need very little powder, which again makes your skin look fresh and lovely.
How To Use Temptu Air
The Temptu Air system comes as one handheld unit. Nice and easy. You just plug it in and charge it, the initial charge takes a couple of hours, then from there it is only as needed.
The compressor has three controllable speeds to mist your foundation on with, so you don’t need to worry about it getting overpowered and blasting makeup all over your face.
Airbrushing with one of these systems is a breeze too. You don’t have to change the PSI or try to get it just right – the system does it by itself. You will feel a mist of air when you turn your pod system on, and you can either guide it by feel or watch it as you mist foundation over your face.
Once your system has charged you need to insert the pod.
Start by shaking the pod to keep the foundation mixed, then separate the cover from the pod.
There is a small rubber plug at the back of the pod which you need to open.
Press the pod release button on the handheld unit and slide the pod in. It’s so simple!
The power button turns on the system but also adjusts the speed.
When you have finished airbrushing release the pod, plug the rubber stopper back in, and use the foam inside the pod cap to clean the nozzle.
With any airbrush foundation you need to make sure you are well moisturized before you start. I moisturize, apply facial SPF and then prime my skin the same way I do with any foundation.
I don’t bother concealing my skin or under my eyes when I use my airbrush. The foundation is so concentrated and so beautifully pigmented that it disappears any darkness under my eyes. When you first use your try it without concealing first, as you may find you can skip that makeup step.
You can also buy Temptu pods for blush and for bronzer. At the time of writing this post I haven’t used them but I do know plenty of people who have. If you are going to use the blush and bronzer pod options you would just release the foundation pod and slip in the blush pod and create your cheeks before powdering. It is super simple and efficient.
The Temptu Air system is a really fabulous addition to your makeup routine. It is so quick to use and the finish is so lovely – you can’t go wrong. Any of you who hate rushing in the mornings will LOVE how much time it saves you! You will even have time for an extra cup of coffee in the morning …
Click here to use 20% off coupon code 20% OFF Sitewide. Use Code LOVE20