I have been wanting to test the FOREO ISSA toothbrush for ages! Basically every since it came out.
Face it – it just looks super cool!
I finally got my hands on one, and wanted to use it for a few weeks before writing a review. I get so excited about new things so I wanted to wait a while and see if after the initial excitement wore off I would still be loving it.
I’m loving it!
This post contains affiliate links
We are all familiar with sonic type toothbrushes, but this one is different because instead of sharp bristles it is made from silicone. The brush is all silicone! It is completely genius. The FOREO ISSA not only cleans your teeth, it massages your gums too, and of course we all know that in order to have healthy teeth and a great smile you have to have healthy gums. For people who have receding or sensitive gum this is an extra bonus.
One of my friends who was able to test the FOREO ISSA last year told me to watch out for how white my teeth would become after changing to this toothbrush, and she was right. My teeth look super white and super glossy. The combination of the silicone brush and the sonic pulse technology removes plaque, stops tartar buildup and removes stains on the teeth, making them look both whiter and brighter.
I was actually a little dubious as to whether you could really clean your teeth with a silicone brush, but it really does work! There are two brush heads to choose from. The FOREO ISSA pictured here, and the FOREO ISSA HYBRID which combines silicone and a PBT Polymer which is stronger on plaque but still gentle on gums.
Some of the things I love about this toothbrush
- The fantastic ergonomic design. It’s not weighty or cumbersome, and it’s not too big. It fits your hand (and your mouth!) comfortably. And did I mention it looks really cool?
- The state of the art technology behind this toothbrush is truly revolutionary.
- It has a USB charger, so you really can charge it anywhere.
- It takes only one hour to charge and you only need to charge it twice per year! How fantastic is that?? If you have had a regular electric toothbrush then you already know that they have a plug in dock that sits on your bathroom counter, taking up space and looking ugly.
- The FOREO ISSA and ISSA HYBRID stand on your bathroom counter by themselves looking incredibly chic.
- The brush head lasts 6 months! Replacement brush heads are very inexpensive too.
- The FOREO ISSA is perfect for travel. You don’t need to pack a charging dock when you travel – if you will be away more than 6 months you can pack your USB charger, but otherwise you just pack the toothbrush which comes with a soft pouch for travel.
- You don’t need to wonder where you are in the 2 minute brushing cycle because it alerts you every 30 seconds to move to the next quadrant of your mouth. This makes sure each group of teeth gets equal cleaning.
- Your teeth feel just-been-to-the-dentist clean. You know how after a cleaning at the dentist’s office your teeth feel glossy and you can’t stop running your tongue over them? That’s what it feels like every day with the FOREO ISSA and FOREO ISSA HYBRID.
- It comes in cool colors, Black, Mint, Cobalt Blue and Lavender.
It looks so modern and sleek and makes for a very chic gift too. Mothers Day is just around the corner and the ISSA (or any of the FOREO products) would make a fabulous gift. For those of you who like me have mothers in far flung lands across the world, this is a gadget that you can actually send internationally, because you don’t plug it into a wall socket to charge, you plug it into a USB port.
FOREO make their revolutionary toothbrushes in fun colors for the entire family. The FOREO ISSA Mini is for children from 4 years old and up, and the FOREO ISSA Mikro is for babies through 4 years old.
All Foreo products are available online at FOREO.com