I just loved this! This is a guest blog from the very fabulous Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog.
Now you may not live somewhere that gets monsoons, but chances are you live somewhere that has humidity to deal with over the summer months, and as such, this post is for you!
Heavy makeup tends to get smudged during the wet monsoon months. Therefore, it is essential to keep it light and balanced. Mentioned below are few tips that will help you look fresh and radiant rather than looking ruined and washed out in monsoon. Remember that the important aspects of monsoon makeup would be to keep it bright and waterproof.
Makeup Tips for the Monsoon Season:
• After cleansing your face. Rub an ice cube for about 10 to 15 minutes. This trick will lower the sweating rate so that your makeup stays on for much longer period.
• Use powder matte cosmetics rather than creamy and glossy ones.
• Avoid using pressed powder in monsoon as it can form patches on skin. If you must use it, use it sparingly.
• Do not opt for cream eye shadow as they can melt off the face. Use powder shadows. Go for brown, pinks and beige as they are easy to maintain in the rain. The idea is to go in for a natural look rather than creating a highly done up face.
• Excuse yourself from sparkle and creamy blushers as they are likely to form patches.
• For lipstick, soft matte is the most preferable one for the ladies. It can be a pink shade or soft brown with sheer gloss.
• Avoid kajal and use water-resistant mascaras and eyeliners.
Make sure you add the Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog makeup to your list of favorites!
To check out other Indian Makeup and Beauty posts click here
Follow Rati on twitter @IndianMakeup
thank you Rati!