This post contains affiliate links. See disclosure for details
How are you supposed to figure out which is the right primer for you?
What Should A Primer Do?
As you navigate your way through shopping for a new primer there are several things you need to be watching for. A primer’s job is to provide a nice, even barrier between your skincare and your makeup. It gives makeup something to grip on to, preps your skin for an ideal makeup application, and helps it look even and smooth.
Primer also needs to make your makeup wear evenly and last longer. On top of that it needs to have a blurring effect, making your skin look fresh but not shiny.
Not All Primers Are Created Equal
No doubt you’ve already played with primers in the past. You’ve probably experienced primers drying your skin out, leaving an ashy cast to your complexion, and even pilling up under your foundation, giving it a bumpy finish.
So it’s really important to get the right primer.
Why You Need Colleen Rothschild Black Tourmaline Primer
Colleen Rothschild Black Tourmaline Primer is a brand new primer, and is one you need to know about. I’ve been using it for a little over a month, both on myself and on photoshoots and ad campaigns. (My day job is a makeup artist.)
Here’s what I’ve found:
- It is beautifully sheer – it doesn’t create a thick layer on your skin.
- It doesn’t pill up of bubble under your foundation.
- It mattifies your oily patches without making the skin look dry.
- You can wear it alone if you don’t feel like wearing foundation. Somehow it evens your color and texture and makes your skin look fresh.
- It blurs fine lines and wrinkles.
- Black gemstone powder creates a protective barrier against environmental stressrs and pollutants.
- Black Truffle is both rich in minerals, which nourish the skin and also provide a mattfying property.
- It reduces the appearance of your pores.
As with all Colleen Rothschild Beauty products I have tried, this one is very concentrated – a small amount goes a really long way. When you try this primer start with a single pump and only add more if you need it.
It’s already summer time here in Phoenix so we are already feeling less inclined to wear a full face of foundation. I like wearing this primer alone over my skin care and facial SPF. It seems to even out the complexion and leaves the skin with a lovely, even texture. I will be traveling with this primer this summer and using it either alone or under a BB Cream.
Colleen Rothschild Discount Code
I have been using these products for more than a year now and absolutely love them. I reached out to the company and asked for a discount code so my blog readers and Newsletter members could benefit from supporting me. You can chceck out the Colleen Rothschild Beauty website HERE and use the discount code CORINNA20. If there is a better discount available when you shop, use that one. If there is no promo code available just use the CORINNA20 and get 20% off everything that isn’t already discounted.