It doesn’t matter if you are 21 or 81, you need to know these 30 girl rules. Teach them to your daughters, live them yourself, practice them until they become habit. Never doubt yourself, not for even one minute.
Make sure every teenage girl in your life knows these 30 incredibly important things. Share this post with them, share this post on your social media, and share this post with yourself.
So here they are in no specific order:
30 Important Things Every Girl Should Know
- Don’t knock it ’til you try it.
- It’s OK to cry when you’re hurt. It’s also OK to smash things. But wash your face, clean up your mess, and get up off the floor when you’re done. You don’t belong down there.
- Seek out the people and places that resonate with your soul.
- The 5 second rule. It’s just dirt. There are far worse things in a cheeseburger.
- Be less sugar , more spice, and only as nice as you are able to be without compromising yourself.
- Can’t is a cop out. Don’t want to is perfectly acceptable.
- Travel light through life. Keep only what you need.
- If you are going to curse, be clever. If you are going to curse in public, know your audience.
- Happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is.
- Hold your heroes to a high standard. Be your own hero.
- It is never, ever OK to be mean. Hold yourself to a higher standard.
- If you can’t smile with your eyes, don’t smile. Insincerity is nothing to aspire to.
- Never lie to yourself.
- Send Thank You cards for every act of hospitality – except another Thank You card.
- Study your curiosities and practice your passions.
- Wish on stars and dandelions, then get to work.
- Fall in love often. Particularly with ideas, art, music, literature, food, and far off places.
- Say Please, Thank You, and Pardon Me, whenever the situation warrants it.
- Reserve I’m Sorry for when you truly are.
- Design the life you want to live. Set goals, don’t lose your focus.
- Don’t skimp on good sheets.
- Question everything except your own intuition.
- Your body, your rules.
- Be responsible for your own money. Learn how to balance your bank account, invest wisely, avoid credit card debt.
- Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
- If you have an opinion, you better know why.
- You have enough. You are enough.
- Ask for what you want.
- Never stop believing in yourself.
- You are amazing! Don’t let anyone ever make you feel you are not. If someone does … walk away. You deserve better.
Related Post: 21 Lost Lady Traditions