You know it was the PR coup of a lifetime when a reporter for Life Magazine asked Marilyn Monroe what she wore to bed, and she replies “Why – Chanel Number 5 of course!”
Do you have a signature scent? A fragrance that defines you, that makes those that love you think of you when they smell it anywhere in the world?
Dior believes that a woman’s perfume is as important as her handwriting. I believe it’s more important.
|1953 Marilyn Monroe in bed|
But just as important as the fragrance itself is the way you apply it.
A gorgeous perfume can be hideous if you overdo it, so here are the guidelines for How To Apply Your Perfume
|Marilyn Monroe applies Chanel Number 5|
* Spritz fragrance onto a couple of your pulse points ~ wrists, throat, behind the knees, inner elbows and behind your ears. There’s magic when the beating of your heart meets with some body heat and your fragrance. Just don’t put it on all your pulse points in one session.
* If you are wearing perfume you just need a couple of well placed drops.
* If your are wearing eau de parfum limit it to three cleverly placed spritzes
* If you have eau de toilette limit yourself to four spritzes, but make them count.
* Over time you become a little desensitized to your perfume, but everyone else can still smell it, so don’t double up because you can’t smell it!
And finally, with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, a quote from Coco Chanel:
A woman should wear perfume wherever she wants to be kissed…