Sometimes the best looks are the easiest looks. Or the easiest looks are the best looks!
This huge makeup trend for fall 2017 is one of my absolute all-time favorite makeup looks, and is also my personal go-to look, the Statement Lip. Making the focal point of your look a big, bold, glorious lip is one of the fastest ways to look fabulous, effortlessly.
The Statement Lip gives you a way to look polished when you don’t have a lot of time.
This post contains affiliate links. See Disclosure.
5 Tricks To Pull Off The Statement Lip
You need to have some tricks up your sleeve in order to pull off this look.
- Create a creamy complexion. Stay away from heavy or powdery foundations, instead choose something that makes the skin glow and look pretty.
- Use a soft blush. Keep all the power in your lip, and scale back the cheek to a neutral, soft shade.
- Balance the lip with a soft brow. Avoid hideous Instagram-style eyebrows, but do add some depth to your brow, making them a little more defined and adding a little extra color.
- Accent the lashes. Add a few coats of really great, high volume mascara. My top four high volume mascaras are Clarins Supra Lash, Diorshow Blackout, Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes and Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara.
- Choose your texture wisely. Statement lips don’t look so good in high gloss. Choose a matte finish or a satin finish. Longwear formulations are fantastic for a bold, statement lip.
Who Can Wear The Statement Lip
The Statement Lip really works best on slightly fuller lips. If your lips are thin, a bold lip may not be your best choice.
If you enjoyed this post please share it on your social media!