Did that headline catch your eye? It certainly caught mine!
This article came to my inbox via The New Potato.
Maybe you are already doing some of these 15 tips, try adding them all in to your daily eating plan and see what happens.
How To Lose Weight Fast
Written by Nutritionist Mikaela Reuben
All images via The New Potato
1. Eat lots of salads and vegetables to keep you full.
2. Drink plenty of water
Or sip on broth or herbal tea throughout the day. Avoid sugary drinks, juices and soda
3. Get junk food and unhealthy snacks out of your home
4. Eat only from a plate, sitting at a table. This helps create awareness around eating rather than mindless on-the-go eating.
5. Don’t skip meals.
6. Chew slowly
7. Cook with vegetable stock
Cooke with vegetable stock in recipes or stir fry using a water saute method rather than frying in oil. Add a little oil at the end! This helps you control how much oil is added to the dishes and maintains the integrity of the oil.
8. Avoid dressings
Avoid dressings, creamy sauces and unhealthy toppings – make your own salad dressings with apple cider vinegar/olive oil mixtures or use things like guacamole and salsa
9. Eat most foods early in the day
Eat most foods early in the day and and try not to eat four hours before bed.
10. Don’t get too consumed with calories.
Instead focus on the nutrient density of the food. Do Not Starve. Restricting calorie intake can have even worse negative side effects.
11. Create a food program
When you take control of at least one meal per day you will have results. We schedule work meetings on our calendars, why not schedule a small amount of time to prep, eat or grocery shop?
12. Use smaller plates or chopsticks
13. Order extra sides of vegetables
When dining out order extra sides of vegetables to get more greens. Sometimes ordering a few sides is healthier than ordering an entree. Go for the grilled asparagus or steamed spinach rather than the triple baked potato.
14. Focus on lean proteins and vegetables.
Focus on lean proteins and vegetables, or high fiber starch with vegetables in order to control blood sugar levels.
15. Try not to order food or shop when you are hungry.