I am super excited to tell you about my new book, Glam Italia! 101 Fabulous Things To Do In Florence!
Even though we can’t travel right now we can still plan our future trips, hopefully trips we will be taking next year!
I’ve been spending time in Florence for more than 30 years now. Every time I visit I discover more amazing new (old) places. At this point have come to realize that’s just how it is with Florence – she has endless magical people, places and things and reveals something new every time you are there.
Florence gets masses of tourists. They all seem to hang out at the same handful of big attractions, keeping them overcrowded and making it difficult to see anything. Which just means that 95% of the most amazing things in Florence are wide open, waiting for you and me to discover them, love them, photograph them and soak it all up with no one getting in our way!
In this book I do take you to the big sites but I give you specific things to look for and strategies to escape the crowds when they get overwhelming (and believe me, they do get overwhelming!)
RELATED POST: 10 Day Trips By Train From Florence
Some of the things you will learn about in this book are:
- Fantastic museums you’ve probably not heard of but will really enjoy
- 12 churches you need to know about. Most people won’t want to visit all 12 but will really enjoy dropping in on a couple.
- Shopping – Florence has some of the best shopping in Italy. Whether you want a leather jacket, handmade shoes, a vintage Gucci bag or some gorgeous tableware to take home (and much more!) you will love my guide to the boutiques scattered throughout the Renaissance city!
- Aperitivo time – a guide to my favorite aperitivo bars for a pre-dinner drink and snack
- Rooftop bars – my favorite places to get up high for a sunset glass of wine with a staggering view.
- 7 sensational piazzas you need to know about, their secrets and special things to look out for.
- The Medici palaces, why you need to see them and what to look for.
- What to eat in Florence.
- My absolute favorite restaurants (and gelato bars!)
- The best markets in Florence.
- How to buy leather in Florence.
- 20 Unusual and Interesting things to look for in the historic center of town.
There is much, much more too!
RELATED POST: How To Get From The Airport Into Florence
Whatever your interests are you will find things in this book just for you. The idea behind writing it was to get you away from the crowds, show you something new and help you build the trip of a lifetime. I want you to absolutely fall in love with Florence.
Glam Italia! 101 Fabulous Things To Do In Florence is available worldwide on Amazon in both paperback and in eBook form. (Kindle /Kindle app)
*The links provided on this post are for Amazon.com. If you live outside of the U.S just go to your country’s amazon.